SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 1ST
- 6:30 PM Meeting for FAIAL Host Families
- 7:30 PM Greeting guests from FAIAL at Casa dos Botes
Guests and hosts will be given bags containing the Regatta Agenda, maps and contact information.
TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 3rd
- Meeting for PICO Host Families 1 hour prior to our guest’s arrival (TBD)
- PICO Guests arrival at Casa dos Botes: Review accommodations etc as above
WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 4th
- 9: 30 AM Invited guests to visit City Hall to meet the Mayor & visit radio station.
- 9:30 AM Harbor Tours (TBD)
- 2: 30 PM WOMENS practice.
- 5: 30 PM Welcome by the Portuguese Consulate Pedro Carneiro at the Whaling Museum (crew, guests and invitees) TICKETED EVENT
- 6: 30 PM Film Whales and Whalers by Louis Filipe de Silva Bicudo. Open to the public.
THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 5th
- 9: 30 AM Tour of National Park & Whaling Museum.
- 11: 30AM SKIPPERS MEETING.
- 12: 30 PM Lunch at Casa dos Botes
- 2: 30 PM MENS Practice
- 6: 00 PM– Whaling Museum, Free Public Lecture “The Sea of the Azores,” by Felipe Mora Porteiro P.H.D. Director of the Observatorio do Mar dos Acores. Open to the public
- 7: 30 PM Clam Boil at Casa dos Botes TICKETED EVENT $20
A.M.H.S. MEMBERS; Meet the crews UNDER THE TENT- FREE - ENTRY TICKETS REQUIRED
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC Meet the crews at the Casa dos Botes building.
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 6th
- 10: 00 AM Women and Men’s ROWING COMPETITION
- 6: 00 PM Whaling Museum, Free Public Lecture and presentation The Azores – A destination where the days are never the same, by Rui Amen Director, Azores Promotion Board.
- 7: 30 PM AMERICAN NIGHT Casa dos Botes for Crew and host families
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 7th
- 9:00 AM Women and Men’s SAILING COMPETITION
- 6:00 PM Party at Low Tide Yacht Club Live Music. TICKETED EVENT Crews, host families, members and guests
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 8th
THE DABNEY CUP- Azorean v Yankee Whaleboat Races
- 8: 15 AM SKIPPERS MEETING at Clarks Street boat ramp W. Rodney French Blvd
- 9: 00 AM START of competition
- 5: 00 PM Awards Ceremony – Whaling Museum TICKETED EVENT $15
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 9TH – FREE DAY
6:00 PM Send off Dinner at the Inner Bay (crews, guests, invitees) TICKETED EVENT
TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 10TH – FREE DAY There will be transport available to Wrentham Mall
Sign up is mandatory
Departure from Casa dos Botes.